BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Lovely Little Ritual

This ritual was designed to help get the body more in tune with the spirit. It has been adapted from a traditional white-magick witches spell; found on a website called, ‘Everything Under the Moon’. I believe that the original version was authored by a lady called ‘StarWitch’; and I just loved it. I hope that you will pull it out and use it to bless yourself often; as we travel on our journey together. This ritual should be performed at night either outside, or at a place indoors from which you can clearly see the moon and sky.

Light a large, white candle. Burn a mixture of balsam, sandalwood and pine together in your cauldron. Let the smoke surround you while you recite the words.

You will also need a small bowl of salt water for the anointing of the body. If you prefer, you may use anointing oil in lieu of salt water.

Put the bowl of salt water (or the anointing oil) in front of you; where you can easily reach it. Dip your fingers into the liquid before you bless each part of your body. First, touch your fingers to your eyelids and say, ‘Bless my eyes that I might have clarity of vision.’ Touch your mouth and say, ‘Bless my mouth that I may always speak the truth’. Touch your ears and say, ‘Bless my ears that I may hear all that which is spoken, and all that which is not’. Touch your heart and say, ‘Bless my heart; that it may be filled with divine love’. If you are a woman, you may also touch the area over your womb and say; ‘Bless that part of me from which all creativity springs forth…From which new life is given; and help me also to see my life as a gift.’ Touch your feet and say, ‘Bless my feet, that I may always stand firm on my spiritual path’. Extinguish your candle when you’re finished with the blessing.

Enjoy!

Blessings, Rainwalker.

0 comments: